These tests may be supplemented by acoustics tests and electrical safety tests
- Climatic tests
- are performed to assess the resistance, long-term behaviour and ageing effects of a product in a range of simulated conditions, including high or low temperature, humidity, salt spray, low pressure and permeability. IP protection index P (in french - pdf - 199 kB)
- Mechanical tests
- are performed to assess the behaviour of a product in real conditions of use by applying mechanical stresses (impact, vibration, acceleration, etc.).
- Electromagnetic compatibility (EMC) tests
- are performed to verify the capacity of a device or system to operate satisfactorily in its electromagnetic environment without causing electromagnetic interference.
Regulations and standards
LNE performs conformity tests according to the European Directives on Electromagnetic Compatibility (2004/108/EC), Low Voltage (2006/95/EC), etc.
Main standards used
- For mechanical and climatic tests:
- GAM EG 13, MIL 810, STANAG 2895 and 4370, EUROCAE ED-14 C / RTCA DO-160D, ISTA, IEC series 60068-2
- For EMC tests:
- GAM EG 13, MIL 461, RTCA DO-160, NF EN 60601-1-2, IEC series 61000-4-X, etc.
LNE has an extensive range of sophisticated test resources at its centres in Trappes and Nîmes.
For climatic tests:
- climatic chambers
- thermal chambers
- salt spray tanks
- heat-cold-vacuum chamber
- IP permeability test equipment
For mechanical tests:
- hydraulic vibration tables
- shakers (including one which combines vibration with climatic conditions)
- vertical impact tables
- accelerated vertical impact machines
- horizontal impact machines
- release machines
- traction-compression machines
For EMC tests:
- EMC chamber
- immunity benches
LNE can also adapt these resources to specific test conditions.
Fields and products concerned
- accessories, parts, components, driving aid products, interior comfort products, etc.
- palletized products, drums, containers, etc.
- safety systems, sensors, electronic cabinets, etc.
- Information systems:
- electronic cabinets, hard disks, burners, screens, tuners, etc.
- catheters, endoscopes, X-ray equipment, respirators, etc.
- guidance systems, power supply systems, survival systems, etc.
- Consumer products:
- luminaires, toys, household electrical products, gardening implements, hi-fi systems, video and multimedia equipment, etc.
- Industrial products:
- engines, machinery, etc.
- computer control cabinets , aerials, amplifiers, etc.
- Temperature tests between - 70°C and +200°C and humidity tests between 10% and 98% Hr,
- Temperature variations up to 22°C per minute,
- Thermal shock between - 70°C and +200°C,
- Simulation of transport conditions,
- Simulation of real conditions of use,
- Electromagnetic emission and immunity measurements up to 18 GHz.
Approval and accreditation
See our page approval and accreditation